The streaming service from entertainment giant Disney has also been available in Germany since 2020.
Photo: SOPA Images/LightRocket via Gett, SOPA Images. All rights reserved.
In addition to Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ also offers a wide range of streaming options. This is constantly supplemented by new films, series and documentaries. In order not to lose track, ROLLING STONE will show you the hottest new releases for the coming month.
New to Disney+: Our picks
The Bear: King of the Kitchen – Season 1
After his brother commits suicide, young star chef Carme Berzato returns to his roots and takes over the family business – a dilapidated sandwich shop on the verge of bankruptcy. “The Bear” has managed to find the perfect balance between bittersweet comedy and serious family drama from the very first episode. A highlight of the series is the soundtrack chosen by series creator Christopher Storer (“Eighth Degree”), which largely consists of timeless classics from big bands such as Pearl Jam, Radiohead and Genesis.
Admittedly, Christian Zubert’s stand-up comedy “Lamboc” has never been particularly rich – but it was more charming, endearing and above all funnier. For the sequel, which was released in 2017, lead actors Lucas Gregorowicz and Moritz Bleibtreu returned to their main roles as stone chiefs Stefan and Kai. While one of them now lives in Dubai as a wealthy star lawyer, the other still runs a pizza delivery service and weeds from the previous movie. However, when the two meet again by chance and smoke joint together, the ordeal takes its course.
Star Wars: Jedi Tales – Season 1
As the first anthology series in the Star Wars universe, Tales of the Jedi promises above all else to provide previously unknown details and backgrounds to famous characters in the Lucasian canon. Despite its choreographed character, the animated series aims to follow two main narrative paths. On the other hand, the focus should be on the childhood and youth of Jedi candidate Ashoka Thano, already known from “The Clone Wars”. On the other hand, Star Wars fans will likely also see young Count Dooku for the first time – before he goes to the Dark Side of the Force.
New to Disney+: Series
- The Walking Dead Season 11 Part Three
- The Bear: King of the Kitchen – Season 1
- Let the World See – Season 1
- American Horror Stories season 2
- Big Shot – Season 2
- Damage – Power Grid – Seasons 1-5
- Paper Ann – Season 1-3
- Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi Season 1
- Benedict’s Secret Society – Season Two
- The Good Doctor – Season 1-3
- The Amazing Spider-Man season 1
New to Disney+: Movies
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- The mummy’s secret
- Big business – nothing but expenses
New to Disney+: Documentaries
- Unknown Waters with Jeremy Wade
- Advance Soul of a Nation: X / onerated – The Murder of Malcolm X and 55 Years of Justice
- Valley of the Kings: The Lost Treasures of Egypt – Season Three
- Nation Soul Advance: Rise of Screen Queens
- Shark File – On the Trail of a Predator