You’ve come so far now that you’d say so Netflix Do you watch one of your hobbies? Then you probably already know many movies and series that are worth watching. But currently there are also some documentaries on the streaming platform that are not only exciting, but you can also learn a lot of new things in them. In this article we will show you permission The best documentaries Netflix.
These are the best documentaries on Netflix:
Best Documentaries on Netflix: These 25 Can’t Be Beaten
Whether it’s true crime, science, or rather pure entertainment – everyone has a different preference when it comes to documentaries. Because of this we have Top five documentaries from the categories crime, sports, nature, history, politics and entertainment to choose. Together, these documentaries make up the 25 best documentaries Netflix.
1. Top 5 crime documentaries on Netflix
Between crimes in relationships, serial murders, and mysterious disappearances, our world seems to have become one cruel place. At the same time, the real crime type is more common than ever. These are five documentaries about crime The deepest secrets of real criminals to light:
- In the mini-documentary series “Night Stalker: In Search of a Serial Killer” (2021) Two detectives report on the hunt for serial killer, kidnapper and rapist Richard Ramirez, who was on the verge of mischief in Los Angeles in the 1980s and brutally murdered many victims – and without any motive.
- serial Jeffrey Epstein: Dirty Rich (2020) The film revolves around the harrowing investigation of Jeffrey Epstein who has built a ring of child exploitation over the years.
- Documentary Amanda Knox (2016) Not only those involved in the case are allowed to express their opinions, but also Amanda herself, who was twice convicted of murder. Will the truth finally emerge?
- German documentary series Dig Deeper: The Disappearance of Brigitte Meyer (2021) It brings the viewer closer to the investigation (and investigation errors!) surrounding the 1989 Brigitte Meyer case and gives insight into the life of the potential perpetrator.
- in the series “The Case of Gabriel Fernandez” (2020) The focus is on investigations into the parents of eight-year-old Gabriel Fernandez. It is said that they not only abused their son several times, but eventually killed them.
2. Top 5 Sports Documentaries on Netflix
Also in the field of sports documentaries Netflix So much to offer. But sport is not just a sport. How small is that A gap between fair sport and great unsportsmanlike behavior Real, you’ll discover it in these five sports documentaries:
- In the documentary “Athlete A” (2020) Athletes who have been sexually abused by their physical therapist Larry Nassar for years have their say.
- documents “Icarus” (2017) Shows doping abyss in sports competitions. American Brian Fogel pretends to have received doping in a bicycle race to prove how easy it is to tamper with doping tests.
- Six episodes of the documentary series “Unsportsmanlike” (2021) Disclosure of the biggest scandals, crimes and controversies in the history of sports.
- Documentary “Phoenix from the Ashes” (2020) He puts the best athletes of the Paralympic Games first and tells their stories.
- Nepalese mountaineer Nirmal Purja has set himself the task of climbing all the peaks with a population of 14 8,000 people in just seven months. You can see if he succeeded in the documentary “14 Peaks” (2021).
3. Top 5 documentaries about plant and animal life
Our planet is really amazing. Several billion animal and plant species are at home here. However, we no longer treat our land that way As we do now, the following five will appear to you NetflixDocumentary films from the world of animals and plants:
- documents Maritime Piracy (2021) It deals with global fishing, illegal whaling and pollution of the world’s oceans and the consequences for the environment. In the process, some secrets and intrigues are revealed.
- Coral reefs as we know them today will not exist for much longer. in Netflix-documentary Chasing Coral (2017) Researchers and photographers dive once again into this dreamlike underwater world and document the death of coral reefs.
- The amy– Documentary series “Our Planet” (2019) It shows different regions of our earth along with its animal and plant diversity.
- “Earth at Night” (2020) Breathtaking night shots inspire you from the world of nature and also show how vibrant our land is at night.
- in “David Attenborough: My Life on Our Planet” (2020) Renowned wildlife filmmaker David Attenborough reflects on his life on Earth and shares his vision of the future – accompanied by breathtaking nature shots.
4. Top 5 historical and political documentaries on Netflix
But not only in the field of nature and sustainability there is a clear need for improvement. How has the past affected our present? What is still going wrong in our presentThese five documentaries show you Netflix:
- in captor Netflix-documentation “The Thirteenth” (2016) Activists, politicians, and researchers analyze the increasing decriminalization of the African American population and the sharp increase in the prison population in American prisons.
- documents “The Queen – 60 Years Queen” (2013) It consists of archival footage and expert interviews chronicling the extraordinary life of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Documents demonstrate this through insightful interviews and visits to historical sites “Cruelty and Hope – The Anne Frank Diaries” (2015) The impact of Anne Frank’s diary on millions of people.
- The documentary series proves that money plays a very important role these days “Dirty Money” (2020). It also shows how far companies will actually go for the money.
- The documentary explains why the dinosaurs became extinct and how the Ice Age arose in the first place Ice Age Mystery – Why Did Giants Die? (2019) It was finally resolved.
5. Five more documentaries to watch on Netflix
If you feel like it Some light entertainment It is, but you still want to know something about her, you have to look at it NetflixBe sure to watch documentaries:
- How does trauma actually affect our bodies? The documentary addresses this question “The Power of Exposure Recovery” (2021) Down. A diverse group of women embark on a journey of self-healing by learning how to pole dance.
- Documentary series “Illustrated” (2021) It deals with ordinary phenomena such as time, a hurricane or the stock market and explains these things in a few minutes.
- This proves that it’s not always just nice people hanging around on different dating platforms Netflix-documentary “Tinder Tinder” (2022). In this documentary, you’ll discover how swiping in the wrong direction can affect your life.
- Critical Social Documentation “The Social Media Dilemma” (2020) It is about how to influence and manipulate humanity through social media. So it is not without reason that the documentary is one of the second most watched documentaries Netflix.
- In the documentary series “100 People” (2020) 100 people, they couldn’t be more different, playing guinea pigs in different experiments. The results are amazing and surprising at the same time.
Conclusion: The best documentaries on Netflix are worth watching!
Watching the best documentaries on Netflix is now one of your hobbies. Because every one of the above documents is Totally unique and totally worth seeing. So what are you waiting for?! Grab a bowl of popcorn and then you’ll watch documentaries. Have fun!
You can find similar items here: