Lewandowski and Bayern Munich: The next round in the mud battle

Robert Lewandowski spoke again in the public row with Bayern Munich. “Something happened inside of me. It’s something you can’t ignore,” Lewandowski said in an interview with the Polish Internet portal Onet.pl. The striker is pressing hard for his departure with new statements. Not because of the money, he says. “I want more feelings in life,” said Kotb, explaining his request for change.

Also in an interview with pictureLewandowski newspaper reported again on Tuesday about the situation. “I think it’s better for Bayern to invest the money they can get for me than to keep me until the end of my contract,” Lewandowski said. Resist accusations that he is ungrateful. “I’m not selfish,” Lewandowski said. “I know what I had at Bayern Munich and I appreciate it a lot.” He hopes the fans will understand him and things will calm down and not be carried out in the media.

However, after the interview attack by the pole, it is doubtful whether this will happen. According to the data, it is very difficult to imagine that the 33-year-old will remain at Säbener Straße until his contract expires in the summer of 2023. But the Munich residents remain publicly unimpressed.

Poland’s captain and advisor, Benny Zahavi, had already announced at the end of May that Bayern Munich was over. Lewandowski is said to be aiming for a move to FC Barcelona. But recently, the Munich leadership has remained firm in the change dispute. Sports director Hasan Salihamidzic and chairman Oliver Kahn have categorically ruled out the premature departure of the world footballer. Since Kahn’s ‘Pasta’ speech in mid-May, statements have been made by the Bavarian board of directors on a weekly basis, according to which Lewandowski will honor his contract.

Salihamidzic said on Tuesday picture-Zeitung, call him Lewandowski. “Among other things, we talked about his public statements. I clearly explained to him our position on the status of his contract,” Salihamidzic said, referring again to the management team’s previous statements.

The situation now is more like a mud battle. “What I achieved thanks to Bayern and what Bayern achieved thanks to me, I think after many years it will be the best solution to find a solution for both sides,” the 33-year-old said. A unilateral decision is meaningless. “Loyalty and respect are probably more important than this business,” said Qutb.

Bayern Munich Honorary President Uli Hoeness said on Monday that he assumes Lewandowski will stay. “I think the new team is being worked on very intensely and if everything comes as they have given me this week, I see a good chance that we will have an attractive squad next year – with Robert Lewandowski,” the 70-year-old said. Sports 1. The former club president called for urging the striker to fulfill his contract, which runs until June 30, 2023, if there is no alternative to the Bundesliga top scorer.

“And then you have to see if he’s going on a free transfer next year or maybe even extended again, nobody knows that,” Hoeneß said. So far there is no substitute for the best striker in the German League, even if the name Sadio Mane haunts Munich. The Senegalese would not be the same type of player as Lewandowski in terms of the position file anyway. Mane is more than just a winger, like Serge Gnabry, whose contract expires in 2023. There is still no agreement between the club and the player about a contract extension.

Leave a Comment