Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s ‘At Home’ documentaries are coming to Netflix

advertisements

READ MORE: Prince Harry Prince Harry, Meghan And Kids Attend Anniversary Celebration – But Not With The Queen

It keeps up with Sussex!

Netflix will finally get a “pound of meat” from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with a documentary series called At Home with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Page Six reveals.

Hollywood insiders are excited about the show, but while we’re told Netflix chiefs want the series to follow up on Harry’s much-anticipated memoirs by the end of the year, the Sussex camp is favoring it airing next year.

“Timing is still being discussed, and things are pending,” said one of the producers familiar with the matter.

The Sussex family, who signed a million-dollar deal with the streaming company after moving to the US in 2020, followed Netflix cameras as they headed to the Netherlands last month for the Invictus Games – Harry’s World Games for soldiers and wounded women. Netflix is ​​making a documentary about it called The Heart of Invictus.

But they’ve also been under the spotlight because of another project that would be more attractive, we’re told. Backstage cameras were allowed to their home in Montecito, California, and followed the Sussexes on their trip to New York City last September, as we previously revealed.

Harry and Markle were allowed to have their own cameras during a trip to New York City in September 2021. Getty Images Global Citizen

“I think it’s fair to say that Netflix gets its pounds from meat,” said a top Hollywood insider.

It is not yet known what will be included in the documentary, but while the Sussexes were living in California, there were a lot of headlines about the breakdown of their relationship with the royal family.

Last month, Harry, 37, and Markle, 40, traveled to see the Queen ahead of her 96th birthday at Windsor Castle on their way to the Netherlands, where Harry said his grandmother was in high spirits – and made sure she was taken care of. .

The former royals will be in the UK next month to celebrate the Jubilee Queens Platinum. Getty Images

The Sussex family have also announced that they will be bringing their children, Archie, 3, and baby Lilibit – whose first birthday falls on June 4 – to London to celebrate the Queen’s platinum jubilee next month.

The palace confirmed that they would not meet with senior family members, including Prince Charles, Prince William and Kate Middleton, on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.

Netflix declined to comment, and representatives from the Sussexes were not available for comment.

Last month, Netflix announced that it was halting development of the animated series Pearl, which Markle created as part of a cost-cutting effort.

Harry and Markle will take their two children to London in June. Getty Images

The show, announced last year, is one of several projects the broadcasting giant has put on hold, which last month revealed a sharp drop in subscribers and warned millions more to go out of service.

Archewell Productions, the company founded by the Sussexes, announced last year that Meghan will be producing Pearl alongside Sir Elton John’s husband David Furnish.u

The series focused on the adventures of a 12-year-old girl who was inspired by the influential women in history.

advertisements

Leave a Comment