Much has changed in terms of the epidemic since the first corona infection in Karlsruhe. A mouth and nose mask has become a constant companion, rapid corona tests or polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests are becoming standard, and there are currently five approved vaccines against the Corona virus in Europe.
How high is the risk of infection with corona?
One thing has not changed in the nearly two years of the Corona pandemic. The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) is responsible for IProvide information on the pathogen SARS-CoV-2. RKI publishes rRegular risk assessment of the further spread of the coronavirus.
RKI’s current risk assessment (as of May 5, 2022):
The Robert Koch Institute assesses the current risk of COVID-19 to the health of the population in Germany as generally high. Click here for the RKI’s Corona Risk Assessment.
What are the restrictions due to Corona?
Because of the Corona pandemic, measures to contain the virus have been repeated in recent months. Most of the Corona rules at the moment are considered lifted. However, companies can exercise their housing rights and claim proof of third generation. Furthermore, the mask requirement still applies in some places. An overview of the current Corona rules in Baden-Württemberg can be found here.
Corona rules amended from May 2
On May 2, the Corona Decree was amended again in Baden-Württemberg. Accordingly, it was decided to make the following changes:
- Extension of the regulation until May 30, 2022.
- Abolition of the mask requirement in dental practices
- The Public Order Office will no longer issue dismissal certificates from May 3
Corona rules from April 3
The federal and state governments aim to lift all daily restrictions by March 20. Because: Corona rules expire on March 19. However, preventive measures can still be issued at the federal and state levels in order to prevent a possible outbreak of Corona. This was decided at the last Corona Summit in February with the presentation of a three-phase inaugural plan.
On April 3, after more than two years of the Corona rules, almost all protection measures will be canceled. This also includes the obligation to wear masks indoors. The state of Baden-Württemberg agreed to this on Tuesday, March 29, 2022. The state also does not want to implement the so-called regulation of hotspots. This means that masks and tests are only mandatory in medical facilities and public transportation, for example.
These precautions are expected to remain in place until the beginning of May.
Corona positive: How long should I be in quarantine?
From May 1, isolation and quarantine regulations must find a middle ground. An official request from the Ministry of Health to avoid contact will only be issued in the case of self-infection. In addition, the country has now decided that people with corona will not have to quarantine for 10 days, but only for five days.
As of the beginning of May, the final free test after five days is no longer necessary for most people in the Southwest if they have not had symptoms for two days. There are exceptions for employees in clinics or nursing homes.
The following applies to infected people and their contacts: – Without testing, the quarantine ends after five days.
Rules for the injured:
- General: Discharge after five days with a negative PCR test or a rapid test
- For hospital staff or similar: Discharge after five days if 48 hours are asymptomatic and PCR results are negative. Since 4 March, a negative rapid test can be sufficient if care for people in need of care can no longer be guaranteed.
- Children and adolescents: Discharge after five days with a negative PCR test or a rapid test
Rules for contacting people:
- Quarantine for people in contact with infected people should become voluntary from May 1
2G, 2G plus, 3G – What do the different “G bases” mean?
- 3G – vaccinated, recovered and tested (PCR test)
- 2G – vaccinated or restored
- 2G plus – fortified or get well And In addition to a negative antigen test
- Test exceptions: Anyone who can prove that a complete vaccination against corona or recovery has not been more than three months does not need an additional test at the second alert level. The same applies to people who have already received the booster vaccination. Children up to 7 years old who have not yet started school are also exempted.
Persons for whom there is no recommendation to be vaccinated against Stiko and those who cannot be vaccinated must have negative antigen test turns out. The same applies to people up to 17 years of age who no longer attend school.
Where can I get more information about the current Corona situation?
What are the important factors in the corona pandemic?
The seven-day infection proved to be one of the most important factors in the corona pandemic. It refers to the number of people in a city/municipality/state/country per 100,000 inhabitants who have contracted the virus in the past seven days.
Example: If the seven-day infection rate is 100, then 100 out of 100,000 residents have been infected in the past seven days. With a million inhabitants, that’s 1,000 infected. Most other measures such as the incidence of hospitalization are derived from an incidence of seven days. Hospitalizations refer to the number of people out of every 100,000 who have been hospitalized with MERS in the past seven days.
Another indicator of the Corona situation is the occupancy of intensive care beds. This is given in absolute numbers and is the most important indicator in the level model for the state government of Baden-Württemberg.
The phased model of state government has been scrapped as a result of the new Corona Act of March 19.
Previously, this was divided as follows:
- basic levelHospitalizations are less than 4.0 or less than 249 of ICU patients with corona
- Warning levelHospitalizations are higher than 4.0 or more than 250 corona intensive care patients in two consecutive working days
- alert levelHospitalizations: more than 15.0 And More than 390 patients in intensive care with corona in two consecutive working days
Where are the current Corona numbers for Karlsruhe?
Daily updated numbers can be accessed on the following portals. Attention: Due to reported delays, weekends or holidays, there may be differences between different gateways.
What is the situation with Corona in Karlsruhe?
The current situation in Karlsruhe is tense. The seven-day incidence rate is currently 506.8 in the urban area and 560.6 in the rural area (as of May 9, 4 p.m.).
The seven-day course of occurrence in Karlsruhe:
- Monday 2 May: 640.3 in the city and 732.9 in the province
- Thursday, April 28: 760 in the city district and 917.1 in the county
- Sunday, April 24: 798.2 in the city and 998.8 in the province
- Tuesday 12 April: 1046.9 in the city and 1282.3 in the province
- Monday, April 11: 969.1 in the city and 1144.9 in the county
- Tuesday, April 5: 1265.4 in the city and 1464.7 in the province
At the municipal clinic in Karlsruhe, 24 people are currently being treated for corona infection (as of May 9). 18 people are in the Corona General Ward, three people are in the intensive care unit. There are also suspected or quarantined cases and three cases are in pediatrics. Here you can go directly to the patient numbers overview.
Intensive care course for corona patients in Baden-Württemberg:
- Monday May 9 at 4 pm: 124
- Tuesday, May 2 at 4 pm: 147
- Thursday: April 28 at 4 pm: 161
- Sunday: April 24 at 4 pm: 171
- Wednesday: April 13 at 4 pm: 197
- Tuesday: April 12 at 4 pm: 202
- Monday, April 11 at 4 pm: 206
Five coronavirus vaccines are currently approved in Europe. Two mRNA vaccines from Biontech and Moderna, two directed vaccines from AstraZeneca and Johnson and Johnson, and one protein vaccine from Novavax since Dec. 20. Experts strongly advise vaccination, as it significantly reduces the risk of infection and a severe course. The following portals provide detailed and serious information about corona vaccination.
With the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, booster vaccines are now being offered. A vaccine adapted for Omicron was scheduled to be released in April 2022, but this now appears to be delayed.
As of January 19, people vaccinated with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are not considered initially immunized until they receive a second vaccination with the mRNA vaccine. More details about the regulation can be found here.
Pharmacies have also participated in corona vaccination operations since February 8. Here you can find out which pharmacies in Karlsruhe and the surrounding area are vaccinated. Since March 16, 2022, there has also been a partial vaccination of some professional groups. According to the current state of knowledge, the general coronavirus vaccination requirements are off the table.
Where can I get vaccinated against corona in Karlsruhe?
The vaccination campaign in Germany began in specially established vaccination centers. This is now closed. In general, it is now possible to get vaccinated at different vaccination centers, general practitioners or in various vaccination campaigns.
The following links give you an overview of the various vaccination centers in Karlsruhe. We regularly report on special vaccination campaigns on ka-news.de. If you are unsure whether your family doctor is vaccinating against corona, contact them directly.
Please note: We only provide information and redirection to vaccination dates here. We have no influence on whether appointments are available and how many appointments are available. The dates are set or updated regularly by the relevant body.
I have no complaints but specific questions about Corona in my city and county – Who can I contact?
- Municipal hotline 0721/133 33 33 Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Legal Health Insurance Physicians Syndicate: 116117 around the clock
- State health office: 0711/904 39555 Monday through Sunday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Psychosocial Hotline: 0721/133 13 13 Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Did you spot an error or find important information missing? In this case, please contact the editors directly by e-mail. The address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article will be continuously updated.