In Pokémon GO, details of GO Fest Berlin were announced – including pricing for various features. But the cost frustrates some players.
What is this ticket? This year, in addition to the “regular” GO Fest 2022, which will take place globally, there will also be several local events. One of these events takes place in Berlin. All content and information about GO Fest Berlin can be found here.
From 1 to 3 July you can participate in GO Fest at Britzer Garten in Berlin – on a specific day. However, in order to do so, one must purchase an entry ticket for that day. This costs 24.99 euros. This allows you to participate in the action from 11 am to 6 pm.
In addition, Niantic offers an “early entry ticket”. This adds another two hours and allows you to enter from 09:00 to 18:00. Its cost is 32.13 euros.
Last but not least, there are also so-called “add-ons” to the ticket. These apply at least every three days from July 1 to July 3 at the event location:
- Added Raid Enthusiast with 12 Raid Cards per day, an extra 5,000 Stardust after a successful raid, 6 extra candies, and 3 extra XL candies to catch Pokemon from Level 5 raids.
- and “Breeder Add-on” with 4x egg hatching speed, Double Hatch XP, Candy and Stardust.
Both add-ons cost €10.06 each.
The community criticizes the price and content
Here’s how the community reacts: The first reactions to the ticket announcement are very critical. In the Pokémon GO subreddit “TheSilphRoad,” players are complaining that the ticket price is too high – especially with regards to the add-ons.
Among other things, some criticize that bonuses, such as hatching distance or additional raid bonuses, are usually already included in tickets and do not need to be additionally purchased.
- “Paying an extra $10 for 1/4 of the hatching distance, are you kidding me? This is a whole new level for Niantic to have to descend to,” says user “anthonyball_” (via reddit).
- “Guys, please don’t tell me that you are willing to spend 25-42 euros for this event. That’s a crazy amount for a day,” says user “justbrowsing527” (via reddit). However, it should be noted that at least the add-ons are valid for the entire weekend.
- “I agree the add-ons are a bit too much. And if you’re a local, the price is probably too high to justify.” User “Jordaroo92” says in particular when you consider a hacker is one of the regional places you meet dozens every day”, but qualifies that it may be more interesting for travelers: “But when you are on vacation, the daily activities can easily exceed 25€ (visits/museums/attractions etc.). GO Fest takes almost a full day of your trip. At least that’s how I justified my ticket” (via reddit).
There is also criticism that the advertised content is not only behind the paywall, but is also linked to a specific site. This is especially true of “Zenith Form Shaymin”. It is expected that sooner or later this will be published outside of the in-game event, but that may take some time.
Are there opposing voices? Some coaches argue that the price doesn’t matter much to travelers – because you’re already putting in a lot of money on a trip to Berlin, depending on where you come from. In addition, such an on-site event is also expensive,
Also, some advocate the add-ons as a new version of the “City Pass” that was available for purchase in Safari regions, which also offered extended weekend rewards.
We also want to know from you: How do you feel about the topic? A poll is currently being conducted and we would like to hear your opinion about the new event in Berlin.
What do you think about event ticket prices and GO Fest content in Berlin? Tell us in the comments and take the survey!
Also, raids are currently running with Mega Latias and Mega Latios. But it turned out to be more difficult than some coaches expected.