The hosts’ nose probably didn’t get that much attention: this time the best-selling challenge revolves around Vipassana yoga, the conscious inhale and exhale. However, the relaxation ends abruptly when Jean challenges Daniel to a yoga challenge.
Thriller writer John Grisham is a guest this time around. He greets the hosts of his ranch in Virginia. An ideal place where harsh thoughts are born. For example, a judge who becomes a serial killer at the same time. This is what Grisham’s new novel is about. After trying the last novel “The Policeman” (to listen to it Episode 33) Daniel wants to know one thing above all: Why are there so many repetitions in the book?
On his literary journey around the world, this time he ended up in Singapore, where a novel about Marlene Dietrich was published. And he found a Nobel Prize winner in literature for whom meditation was at least as important as Emmanuel Carrier.
- Emmanuel Carrier: “Yoga”. Translated from the French by Claudia Hamm (Matisse and Seitz)
- Amanda Liqui: “the last rays of a star”. Translated from the English Zoe Beck (Cultural Books)
- Tobias Friedrich: “Little annular plover” (C.Bertelsmann)
- yWithout Gresham: “suspect”. Translated from the English by Christiana Dorn Ruhl, P. Reiter and Emke Walsh Araya (Heine)
- Karen Calissa: “Sungs Laden” (CH Beck)
- Jose Saramago: “The Stone Raft”. From Portuguese by Andreas Kloch (Rowohlt Paperback)
- Katrina Poladian: “Here’s the Lions” (S. Fisher)
- Drawn to challenge bestsellers: Laetitia Columbani: The Girl with the Dragon. Translated from the French Claudia Marquardt (S. Fisher)
Eat recipe. READ.sleep-Yoga-Rice “Sun Salutations” for two
- 150 grams wild grain rice
- 1 large piece carrot
- 1 pak choy
- 1 zucchini
- 1 package snow peas
- 1 handful green onion
- 1 piece thumb size Ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- soy sauce
- olive oil
- peanut oil
Cook rice with a pinch of salt for 15-20 minutes. Heat olive oil in a frying pan or wok, add chopped ginger and garlic. Cut the carrots into thin sticks and add them as well. Then, place the chopped zucchini, sliced pak choy, and whole-sugar peas into the skillet or wok. Season with 4-5 tablespoons of soy sauce over high heat and reduce, then stir with a dash of peanut oil. Garnish the rice with coriander.
A noble silence began. Course helpers push huge portions of cooked rice and vegetables onto tin carts, which can be seasoned with soy sauce, brewer’s yeast, or gomuseo.
Emmanuel Carrier “Yoga”, page 22
Feedback, suggestions, ideas? bring it!
Anyone wishing to provide feedback or name their favorite books can reach the three hosts by email at email@example.com. The podcast is published every 14 days on Fridays at 6am and operates as a joint project under the NDR brand – you can listen and subscribe here – or at ARD Audio Library.